This is a simple recipe but don’t let simple deceive you. This is a filling and fun food to eat on the trail or at the office. So many options for ingredients and flavors.
Granola is great as a snack or a meal. At home or on the trail everyone loves this granola.
- Mixing bowls, 2-13×9 sheet pans
- 4 Cups Rolled Oats/ Old Fashioned
- 1 Cup Nuts Your choice, whole, chopped, slivered, etc.
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1/3 Cup Oil, Coconut melted Any neutral oil. Canola, Vegetable, Coconut.
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Cup Sweetened Dried Cranberries Add after it cools.
- Combine Dry ingredients in bowl.
- Combine Wet ingredients.
- Mix both wet and dry together until well combined.
- Divide evenly onto two 13 x 9 sheet pans and back at 300 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Place in the upper section of your oven. mixing about every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Be careful not to burn.
This is one of my favorite recipes. Use as a snack or a meal. I vacuum pack these for hiking and backpacking and they keep fresh for a longer time. Stir some while it’s cooling, to save work of getting off pan. Use whatever dried fruit you like. I have added freeze dried strawberries and it was very good. But add these after it cools completely. I add dried cranberries or raisins after it’s almost cool. Try chocolate chips. For hiking or backpacking I have added powdered milk into the vacuum sealed bag. One of my favorite memories is eating this while backpacking with water from a glacier sitting watching a waterfall. Today I don’t drink milk so I add freeze dried coffee instead. *If you do intend to bag this, and want to add liquid. Make sure you have a bag big enough for it. Enjoy, Granola has so many options. Please share some of your ideas with me.